Monday, August 18, 2008

lake




After spending a few months homebound by a new baby who eats or sleeps every couple of hours, Jason and I had a moment of temporary insanity and decided to take our two boys on vacation to Arkansas. [I will also note here that there was some prompting by some of my cousins, who shall remain nameless (Kay Sullivan and Kristi Sullivan Patton) for us to load up the kids and head to Northwest Arkansas.] So we packed Hudson's swing, burp cloths, clothes, toys, bottles, formula, bottle warmer, bottle brush, baby shampoo, baby soap, baby nail clippers, baby medicines, baby towels and washcloths, diapers, wipes, and butt paste, along with Grady's clothes, shoes, portable DVD player, movies, toys, pull-ups, medicines, snacks. At some point I was afraid we were going to get all the stuff and forget the kids, and I swear, it took me three weeks to unpack.




But I'm really not complaining because it was all worth it. The kids were great on the trip, and I can honestly say that I am one of the few fortunate people out there who has a terrific family that I really enjoy being around and catching up with.



The first leg of our trip was to Southwest Arkansas so that Grady could see the grandparents who still live there. He loved it. Grady would move to Nashville tomorrow if he could. When we got home, he told me that he lives in Nashville, Arkansas. Ha, ha! He loves the Razorbacks and loves to call the Hogs.


Jason and I spent much of our trip commenting on how lush and green everything is! How quickly we forget how truly beautiful Arkansas is. We also forgot how HUMID it is. I told Jason he sounded like an 80-year-old man from the North as he kept complaining about how wet and sticky he was. It wasn't that I didn't agree - I did - I just didn't need to say it every hour. We laugh when people here in central Texas tell us that it's humid. They have obviously never visited the jungles of Arkansas, particularly the southwest area.


Grady had a great time swimming with his cousins, because you know he can swim "by himself" with his lifejacket on. Hudson had a great time being held and getting lots of kisses and attention from everyone. It must be fun to be the only baby around. We did some driving around Eureka Springs, and Grady got to ride the trolley and see the steam trains at the train depot. He was in heaven.

No comments: